If you are interested in upgrading your backyard in a cost-effective way, we’ve got some tips to help you transform your dream yard into a reality, without breaking the bank!
- Creating designated spaces should be the first plan of action. Set aside space for a cooking area, play area, dining area, or lounge area. Dividing the yard up this way can be aesthetically pleasing. A storage shed is also a good option to keep toys and tools out of sight when not in use.
- Adding a path using crushed rock or pavers can give a finished look to a disorderly yard. Keep the path clear and border it with plants, bushes, and shrubs for a beautiful green touch.
- If gardening isn’t your thing, try adding a solid concrete patio. Too plain? Try throwing on a masonry stain to the surface of the concrete. Have fun with it by choosing a non-traditional pattern, or for a more elegant look, lay slate tile on top of the concrete slab.
- Add a trellis to your yard. A trellis can add an architectural focal point. Use one for the entrance to a designated area of the yard. And for a more rustic look, add a climbing plant or vine.
- Is your yard to flat? Give it some depth and dimension by adding a pergola for shade and height. You can even add large boulders to give the yard a more natural feel. Arrange the boulders separately or in clusters and viola! Instantly beautiful yard!